BE Computer Science And Engineering
B.E Computer science and Engineering is one of the most demanded program. The program imparts the fundamentals of Computer Science through a set of core courses. It also equips the students in their chosen specialization, through a set of electives. It is the study of software, hardware, and theoretical aspects of computing devices, along with the study of the application of computing in scientific, engineering, business, and other areas. Computer scientists do many different types of work, from helping computers to run more efficiently, to making them safer, and improving mobile devices and other computerized technologies
Students who have completed 10+2 as per AICTE norms and for Karnataka Govts. CET or COMED-K Exams to be compulsory taken.
B.E. degree extends over a period of four academic years.
"Be a premier department in the field of Computer Science & Engineering to meet the technological challenges of the society"
- To provide State-of-the-art Infrastructure Facilities
- To provide exposure to the latest tools in the area of Computer Hardware and Software
- To strive for Academic excellence through Research in Computer Science and Engineering with creative Teaching-Learning pedagogy
- To establish Industry-Institute Interaction and make Students ready for the Industrial environment
- To transform Students into Entrepreneurial, Technically competent, Socially responsible and Ethical computer science professional
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO 1:
- PEO 2:
- PEO 3:
Graduates possess advanced Knowledge of Computer Science & Engineering & excel in Leadership roles to serve the Society
Graduates of the programme will Apply Computer Engineering tools in core technologies for improving Knowledge in the Inter-Disciplinary Research & Entrepreneurs
Graduates adapt value-based proficiency in solving real-time problems
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
Professional Skills: Ability of using mathematical methodologies for analysis of computing concepts, data structure, computer hardware, layered technologies and suitable algorithm which in turn helps graduates to model, design and implement a system to meet specific requirement
Software Skills: Ability to build Software Engineering System for lifecycle development by using analytical knowledge in Computer Science & Engineering and applying modern methodologies
BE Eligibility Criteria
General Merit Candidates, should have passed either 2nd PUC or 10 + 2 higher secondary or equivalent qualifying Examination recognized by State/Central Government with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics(PCM) and should have passed these subjects individually.
Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology as one of the optional subjects.
English as one of the language of study is compulsory.
The aggregate marks of SC, ST candidates of All India and OBC candidates of Karnataka in PCM should not be less than 45% in their respective qualifying examination as mentioned above. All other details remain the same.
Documents Required At The Time Of Admission
1) SSLC or 10th Standard or its equivalent marks card (Original).
2) PUC or +2 marks card (Original), Diploma marks cards for III Semester lateral entry Students (Originals) and Provisional Degree Certificate (PDC) CET verification card or CET Admission ticket (Original) for Diploma Management quota students.
3) CET/COMED-K admission order (Original), For Management quota students CET/COMED-K/AIEEE rank proof certificate (Internet copy)
4) Caste certificate (Original)
5) Income certificate (Original)
6) Transfer Certificate (Original)
7) Migration certificate for the students coming from outside Karnataka and CBSE/ICSE Students (Original)
8) Physical fitness certificate from any Regd. Medical Practitioner (Original)
9) 6 Passport size and 2 stamp size colour photographs.
10) Passport size parents photo 2 each.
11) Further, the students so admitted in our Institution should invariably possess at least Five sets of xerox copies of all the documents mentioned above along with 10 passport and 10 stamp size colour photographs. (Three sets of Xerox copies has to be produced at the time of admission)
12) The students other than PU Board, Bangalore and Karnataka CBSE should apply eligibility certificate from this college.
13) The students belonging to SC/ST and other categories should submit xerox copies of caste certificate, income certificate while applying for students scholarships.
1) Department is NBA certified for a period of three years.
2) Research Centers under VTU and Tumkur University were approved for the Department of Computer Science and Engineering in the year 2010.
3) Department library was established with 900 books.
4) Department of CSE had coordinated for the Doctoral committee Meeting of VTU in 2015.
5) Maximum number students have placed from the Department of CSE for the year 2015.
6) Department of CSE had produced 99% of VTU results in VIII semester.
7) Department of CSE had received best department award for the year 2015.
8) On the occasion of Teacher’s Day on 5th September 2015, Dr.G.G.Sivasankari, HOD of CSE was felicitated for the award of doctoral degree in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
Department has established SAP and ORACLE Laboratories as a Centre of Excellence to improve the students exposure in these domains.