About Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department
Established in the year 2004, the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering offers bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. A post graduate programme M.Tech - Power Systems Engineering started in the year 2013. This was followed by M.Tech - Computer Applications in Industrial Drives in the year 2014.
The Department grew with time, reflecting the needs of a changing society and established new areas of teaching and research in electrical engineering.
The infrastructure and lab facilities are upgraded from time to time and provide adequate opportunities for students and researchers to learn and innovate. The department has distinguished faculty, all holding masters’ degrees from renowned institute. The faculty of the department has been constantly carrying out research on many cutting edge technologies and regularly publishes papers in journals.
Be a premier department in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering for ever changing sustainable needs of the Society.
- To provide state of the art Infrastructure facilities.
- To train in modern tools and techniques in Emerging Technologies.
- To acquire Leadership skills, Professional skills and Ethical values..
- To establish Industry Institute Interaction and make students ready for the Industrial environment.
- To promote co-curricular and extracurricular activities to enhance the overall growth.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- Apply their knowledge and skills of Electrical and Electronics Engineering to solve complex problems in Industry / Government Organization and to pursue higher education & research.
- Work as effective individual or in team with professionalism, ethical values and social responsibilities to manage multi-disciplinary projects.
- Update their knowledge continuously through lifelong learning to excel in their career
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- The graduate will be able to apply the knowledge acquired from strong fundamentals of Mathematics, Science and Engineering Subjects to identify, formulate, design and investigate complex Engineering Problems of Electrical and Electronics to pursue successful career/higher studies.
- Be a professional to apply appropriate techniques and Modern Engineering Software tools to design and develop Electrical Systems, also engage in lifelong learning and successfully acquire leadership qualities, communication skills, ethical attitude, achieve competence to excel individually, work efficiently in a team and become an entrepreneur.
PROGRAMS IN THE DEPARTMENT
UG-BE : Electrical and Electronics Engineering
PG_M.Tech : Power System Engineering
PROGRAM ASSESSMENT COMMITTEE (PAC) - The PAC is constituted with the following members