BE Mechanical Engineering program has been so designed with about 35 percent inputs in science, humanities, other engineering and 65 percent in Mechanical Engineering. The timetable in the course includes lectures, problem-solving seminars, design and manufacturing project work, presentation skills, laboratory experiments and study visits to engineering companies. A strong feature of the final year is, project work. Students pair up to undertake a major technical project as a member of a team, often working closely with an engineering company
Automobile Industries, Manufacturing Industries, Maintenance engineer, Design Engineer, Energy sector, Environmental sector and Mechatronics. They may choose to work as a specialist in the area of bioengineering, commercial refrigeration equipment or in a certain industry such as petroleum or plastics.
Students who have completed 10+2 with good marks in academics. CET or COMED-K Exams to be compulsory taken.
BE degree extends over a period of four academic years.
To be Centre of excellence in the field of mechanical engineering and meet the ever growing industrial and societal needs through best practices of teaching, training and research
- Provide best Infrastructure and Cutting-edge Technologies to bring Academic Excellence.
- Provide Globally Competent Mechanical Engineers through Experienced and Committed Faculty.
- Encourage Application-Oriented Teaching-Learning process for efficient Product Design and Manufacturing.
- Promote Industry Institute Interaction for Collaborative Training, Research and Development.
- Develop an Entrepreneurial, Ethical and Socially Responsible professional.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO 1 (Knowledge)
- PEO2 (Skills)
- PEO3 (Attitude)
Graduates of Mechanical Engineering shall Develop Strong Academic Foundation in science and Mechanical Engineering to pursue a diverse range of careers as Engineers, Consultants and Entrepreneurs.
Emerging as skilled engineers mastered in diversified interdisciplinary technologies as a concrete competent innovator in Industries and Academics.
Graduates of Mechanical Engineering will inculcate in identification of real time needs and provide solutions based on social, environmental, ethical and cultural values through interdisciplinary team approach.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
Graduates are able to analyze, design and manufacture mechanical systems with latest available technologies
Graduates are able to work on interdisciplinary projects in their research and development activities
Graduates are able to work on interdisciplinary projects in their research and development activities, along with the skills and adequate knowledge in managerial capability and entrepreneurship.
BE Elgibility Criteria
General Merit Candidates, should have passed either 2nd PUC or 10 + 2 higher secondary or equivalent qualifying Examination recognized by State/Central Government with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics(PCM) and should have passed these subjects individually.
Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology as one of the optional subjects.
English as one of the language of study is compulsory.
The aggregate marks of SC, ST candidates of All India and OBC candidates of Karnataka in PCM should not be less than 45% in their respective qualifying examination as mentioned above. All other details remain the same.
Documents Required At The Time Of Admission
1) SSLC or 10th Standard or its equivalent marks card (Original).
2) PUC or +2 marks card (Original), Diploma marks cards for III Semester lateral entry Students (Originals) and Provisional Degree Certificate (PDC) CET verification card or CET Admission ticket (Original) for Diploma Management quota students.
3) CET/COMED-K admission order (Original), For Management quota students CET/COMED-K/AIEEE rank proof certificate (Internet copy)
4) Caste certificate (Original)
5) Income certificate (Original)
6) Transfer Certificate (Original)
7) Migration certificate for the students coming from outside Karnataka and CBSE/ICSE Students (Original)
8) Physical fitness certificate from any Regd. Medical Practitioner (Original)
9) 6 Passport size and 2 stamp size colour photographs.
10) Passport size parents photo 2 each.
11) Further, the students so admitted in our Institution should invariably possess at least Five sets of xerox copies of all the documents mentioned above along with 10 passport and 10 stamp size colour photographs. (Three sets of Xerox copies has to be produced at the time of admission)
12) The students other than PU Board, Bangalore and Karnataka CBSE should apply eligibility certificate from this college.
13) The students belonging to SC/ST and other categories should submit xerox copies of caste certificate, income certificate while applying for students scholarships.