Software Engineering involves application of specialized knowledge and skills to develop different kinds of large, complex software systems. Most challenging problems in industry and commerce are associated with software development with a set of best practices that can be used to develop better performing and more usable software.
Topics covered include Software Engineering concepts, Object-Oriented Design and Programming, Project Management, Software Development Process, Advanced Databases, Component-Based Software, Networks and Advanced Software Design with Java, Web services.
Students who have completed B.E. in Computer Science as per State Govt. of Karnataka and AICTE guidelines(GOI).
M.Tech degree will be a period of two academic years.
Candidates should have BE or B.Tech. degree in relevant specialization with an aggregate of 50% marks Students are admitted through PGCET conducted by Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum.
Documents Required At The Time Of Admission
1) SSLC or 10th Standard or its equivalent marks card (Original).
2) PUC or +2 or its equivalent marks card (Original)
3) All 3 year marks statement of Bachelor’s degree
4) Provisional degree certificate from the college last attended or degree certificate from the University
5) Caste certificate (Original)
6) Income certificate (Original)
7) Transfer Certificate (Original)
8) Migration certificate for the students coming from outside Karnataka and CBSE/ICSE Students (Original)
9) Physical fitness certificate from any Regd. Medical Practitioner (Original)
10) 3 Passport size and 1 stamp size colour photographs.
11) Passport size parents photo 2 each.
12) Further, the students so admitted in our Institution should invariably possess at least Five sets of xerox copies of all the documents mentioned above along with 10 passport and 10 stamp size colour photographs. (Three sets of Xerox copies has to be produced at the time of admission)
13) The students belonging to SC/ST and other categories should submit xerox copies of caste certificate, income certificate while applying for students scholarships.