The program curriculum involves Analysis of static and dynamic forces to design machine elements to meet strength, safety, reliability and cost specifications. The program focuses on Design of Mechanisms and Components using Analytical, Numerical and Experimental approaches. It aims to provide knowledge of behavior of materials and systems in both elastic and plastic ranges, failure modes and mechanisms in both static and dynamic conditions.
The program mainly focuses on Theory of Elasticity and Plasticity, Theory of Plates and Shells, Advanced Vibrations, Finite Element Analysis, Kinematics Design, Tribology and Bearing Design, Fracture Mechanics, Experimental Stress Analysis, etc.
Automobile Industries, Manufacturing Industries, Maintenance engineer, Design Engineer, Energy sector, Environmental sector and Mechatronics. They may choose to work as a specialist in the area of bioengineering, commercial refrigeration equipment or in a certain industry such as petroleum or plastics.
Students who have completed BE in ME/IP/AU/AE/IEM/MECHATRONICS.
M.Tech degree will be a period of two academic years.
Candidates should have BE or B.Tech. degree in relevant specialization with an aggregate of 50% marks Students are admitted through PGCET conducted by Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum.
Documents Required At The Time Of Admission
1) SSLC or 10th Standard or its equivalent marks card (Original).
2) PUC or +2 or its equivalent marks card (Original)
3) All 3 year marks statement of Bachelor’s degree
4) Provisional degree certificate from the college last attended or degree certificate from the University
5) Caste certificate (Original)
6) Income certificate (Original)
7) Transfer Certificate (Original)
8) Migration certificate for the students coming from outside Karnataka and CBSE/ICSE Students (Original)
9) Physical fitness certificate from any Regd. Medical Practitioner (Original)
10) 3 Passport size and 1 stamp size colour photographs.
11) Passport size parents photo 2 each.
12) Further, the students so admitted in our Institution should invariably possess at least Five sets of xerox copies of all the documents mentioned above along with 10 passport and 10 stamp size colour photographs. (Three sets of Xerox copies has to be produced at the time of admission)
13) The students belonging to SC/ST and other categories should submit xerox copies of caste certificate, income certificate while applying for students scholarships.
CO's and PSO's
|COURSE OUTCOMES||Click Here|
|PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES||Click Here|