The department of Mechanical engineering was established in the year 1999, accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) a premier board promoting quality technical education in India, and Afflicated TO VTU Belgaum and recognised by AICTE NEW DELHI.
The AMC’s Mechanical engineering program is rated as one of the best under graduate program offered in Bangalore with an intake of 60 seats annually; it is one of the core departments in AMC engineering college headed by AG NATRAJ. The faculty members are well qualified and have more than 20 years of experience in teaching field.
The department has smart class rooms and well equipped laboratories. The department has grabbed 04 gold medals and 03 ranks from VTU till date. The academic activities of the Department lays emphasis on deep understanding of fundamental concepts, development of creative ability to handle the challenges of mechanical Engineering, and the analytical ability to solve engineering problems which are interdisciplinary in nature.
Faculty members of the department are acting as paper referees of national and international journals. The department is proud to have distinguished alumni doing excellent professional work at the global level.
The AMC’S Mechanical engineering is considered as one among the best electronics and communication engineering course offered in bangalore The AMC’S Mechanical engineering involves Analyze, design and provide engineering solutions in the areas of industrial manufacturing design, and to apply principles of management and managerial concepts to enhance global economic growth.
Automobile Industries, Manufacturing Industries, Maintenance engineer, Design Engineer, Energy sector, Environmental sector and Mechatronics. They may choose to work as a specialist in the area of bioengineering, commercial refrigeration equipment or in a certain industry such as petroleum or plastics.
Students who have completed 10+2 with good marks in academics. CET or COMED-K Exams to be compulsory taken.
BE degree extends over a period of four academic years.
Department of AMC’S mechanical engineering is committed to prepare graduates, post graduates and research scholars by providing them the best outcome based teaching-learning experience and scholarship enriched with professional ethics.
Prepare globally acceptable graduates for their lifelong learning in Mechanical Engineering. Develop futuristic perspective in Research towards Science, and Mechanical Engineering.
Establish collaborations with Industrial and Research organizations to form strategic and meaningful partnerships
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO 1 (Knowledge)
- PEO2 (Skills)
- PEO3 (Attitude)
Graduates of Mechanical Engineering shall Develop Strong Academic Foundation in science and Mechanical Engineering to pursue a diverse range of careers as Engineers, Consultants and Entrepreneurs.
Emerging as skilled engineers mastered in diversified interdisciplinary technologies as a concrete competent innovator in Industries and Academics.
Graduates of Mechanical Engineering will inculcate in identification of real time needs and provide solutions based on social, environmental, ethical and cultural values through interdisciplinary team approach.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
Graduates are able to analyze, design and manufacture mechanical systems with latest available technologies
Graduates are able to work on interdisciplinary projects in their research and development activities.
BE Elgibility Criteria
General Merit Candidates, should have passed either 2nd PUC or 10 + 2 higher secondary or equivalent qualifying Examination recognized by State/Central Government with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics(PCM) and should have passed these subjects individually.
Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology as one of the optional subjects.
English as one of the language of study is compulsory.
The aggregate marks of SC, ST candidates of All India and OBC candidates of Karnataka in PCM should not be less than 45% in their respective qualifying examination as mentioned above. All other details remain the same.
Documents Required At The Time Of Admission
1) SSLC or 10th Standard or its equivalent marks card (Original).
2) PUC or +2 marks card (Original), Diploma marks cards for III Semester lateral entry Students (Originals) and Provisional Degree Certificate (PDC) CET verification card or CET Admission ticket (Original) for Diploma Management quota students.
3) CET/COMED-K admission order (Original), For Management quota students CET/COMED-K/AIEEE rank proof certificate (Internet copy)
4) Caste certificate (Original)
5) Income certificate (Original)
6) Transfer Certificate (Original)
7) Migration certificate for the students coming from outside Karnataka and CBSE/ICSE Students (Original)
8) Physical fitness certificate from any Regd. Medical Practitioner (Original)
9) 6 Passport size and 2 stamp size colour photographs.
10) Passport size parents photo 2 each.
11) Further, the students so admitted in our Institution should invariably possess at least Five sets of xerox copies of all the documents mentioned above along with 10 passport and 10 stamp size colour photographs. (Three sets of Xerox copies has to be produced at the time of admission)
12) The students other than PU Board, Bangalore and Karnataka CBSE should apply eligibility certificate from this college.
13) The students belonging to SC/ST and other categories should submit xerox copies of caste certificate, income certificate while applying for students scholarships.