The main objective of the Research and Consultancy Cell is to nurture academic research as well as cater to needs of the relevant industry and the society through consultancy. AMC Engineering College, Bangalore has 8 research centres under various departments and domains, affiliated to and approved by VTU, Belagavi. Each research centre has necessary facilities and conducive environment for research scholars and students to conduct their research activities. The activities of the research and consultancy cell include identifying student projects as potential products, product development, applying for research funding under various Government schemes like KSCST, VGST etc. The, research and consultancy cell also provides assistance in filing of patents. It also conducts research review meetings, once in year, to review the progress made by registered research scholars.
To enhance human prospective to its highest level through sponsored Research, Development and Consultancy projects
- To provide state of the art Infrastructure facilities essential for Education and Research
- To enhance linkages with Industries and Research Organizations through MoUs
- To procure funds for Research, Development and consultancy activities from funding agencies
- To create and disseminate knowledge through Training programs/Workshops/Seminars/Conferences/Publications
- To facilitate procuring patents for the innovative Research outcomes
- To apply for security of knowledge through Intellectual Property Rights
- To participate in exhibitions to showcase the activities of the cell
- To undertake propagating the Research outcomes through extension services
Research policy presents principles to guide the research endeavor and assure theintegrity of scholarly inquiry at AMCEC. The Policy includes
- Incentives are provided to Principal Investigators and also Co-Investigators who areawarded extra mural projects.
- Faculty members are encouraged to take up research activities in the thrust areas with a view to apply for funded projects at the State/National level
- Financial support is given to faculty members to present their research findings in National/International Conferences and Symposiums
- Encourage faculty members engaged in research work by providing reduction intheir academic work load
- Extend sabbatical leave facilities to undertake work in other recognized research Institutes/Centers